Over the decades hundreds of healthcare studies have been conducted. Time and again research shows that chiropractic adjustments are beneficial in multiple ways.
The following is a brief overview of the benefits of chiropractic that have been determined by medical and chiropractic health studies:
- Significantly lower costs of injury care and medical care.
- Decreased number of days missed at work due to injury or illness.
- Less dependence on medication.
- Improved overall health
- Improved quality of life.
- Less time spent at the Chiropractor’s office compared to the amount of time spent at a medical doctor’s office.
- Decreased feelings of pain and discomfort.
Researchers and chiropractic experts have also found other beneficial things that you can do in conjunction with chiropractic adjustments to improve your health:
- If you lose just one pound, you will take 10 pounds of stress off your lower back.
- Quit smoking. Smoking causes the discs between vertebrae to degenerate faster.
- Don’t sleep on your stomach, it contributes to misalignment of neck vertebrae.
- Keep your wallet out of your back pocket to help maintain equilibrium throughout your spine and back muscles.
[Source: Article “Work Comp Study: Chiropractic Less Expensive, More Effective Than Medical Care,” from Dynamic Chiropractic, Nov 2004]